in

One of Abducted Chibok School girls return after 9 years

On Friday, Oluremi Tinubu, first lady of the Federal Republic of Nigeria received Rebecca Kabu at the presidential villa, Abuja, one of the 277 Chibok schoolgirls who were kidnapped by Boko Haram in 2014.

Mrs Tinubu, along with the wife of the Vice President, Hajia Nana Shettima while receiving Rebeca promised to ensure that Rebecca was properly taken care of medically as well as sound to return to school at will.

While the first lady appreciated the office of the National Security Adviser, National Intelligence Agency and other security agencies and those who were involved in Rebecca’s rescue for their great effort, she also iterates that other girls remaining in the hands of captives are remembered.

“Cases of amnesia should be treated; it is difficult to get by, but since you are still here, God has plans for you. I thank the office of the NSA and NIA for not relenting and everyone that is assisting in her rehabilitation.

“Rebecca will be our first comeback story and returnee; she is our first fruit; she is a case I am quite interested in to see that she can go back to school at her own pace.’’, she said.

According to the First Lady, her NGO, Renewed Hope Initiative, was tirelessly putting work on how mature girls who were forced out of school could return to school for quality education.

”Rebecca would be one of our recipients of benevolence, Mrs Tinubu promised.

According to President Bola Tinubu, the younger ones, if properly educated, would be able to fit into the society and inherit the good legacies those ahead of them are leaving behind.

“Earlier, I talked to the NSA representative about cases of alternative high school where girls like Rebecca can go back and learn at their own pace, because education is important for her and others.

“They need education as a tool for the marketplace, to be able to understand and manage the inheritance and legacies that shall be handed to them.”

Responding, Rebecca, in her low voice, told the first lady that she could barely understand the English Language, but the first lady consoled her, saying that she would overcome the challenge.

Earlier, Rear Admiral Yaminu Musa, the Coordinator, Counter Terrorism Centre, NSA, said Rebecca, kidnapped at age 13 in 2014 and now 22 years old, was rescued by the government security agencies on July 17.

The returnee had been certified medically and mentally fit to be reunited with her parents in Zana village in Borno state, he said.

The NSA office mentioned with time it would follow up and present her case alongside the 15 other rehabilitated girls that were also rescued in regard to Federal Government education support.

See also EFCC Arrests Man in Sokoto Over Alleged N7.1m Fraud

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

What do you think?

Written by News Desk

Your daily pulse on mind-blowing tech, business, and economy news. Stay informed, stay ahead!

(Niger Coup) U.S based Mama Diaspora to ECOWAS: Exhaust all peace protocol

2023 WASSCE: Meet Amaechina, 16, girl who got nine A1