in ,

NIS Plans 150 Housing Estates For FCT Personnel

NIS Plans 150 Housing Estates For FCT Personnel
NIS Plans 150 Housing Estates For FCT Personnel (Photo: Nigeria Real Estate Hub)
The Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) FCT Command said it is working out modalities with private Developer to build 150 Housing units for FCT personnel in Bwari Area Council.
The Controller Immigration Service in charge of the FCT, Anthony Akuneme disclosed this yesterday during a conversation with newsmen in his office.
He noted that the Housing units was targeted at Junior officers who would get the property at the rate of 10 percent deposit through their contributions in the National Housing Fund and Federal Mortgage Bank as well as pension allowance.
The Controller explained further that the arrangement allows an officer to pay 10 percent while the remaining 90 percent would be paid in 20 or 25 years before retirement.
He used the opportunity to educate officers who were not aware that the pension deduction that is done in their salaries, 25 percent of it could be channeled into Housing scheme.
” And now we have arranged with the Developer to use the 25 percent of everybody’s pension savings towards the Housing scheme as well as the 2.5 percent that officers pay for Housing but cannot access the money when they want to build.
“We are now accessing it for them as a Command through the Developer. And at the end, if the apartment giving to you worth N10m, you have already pay N5m from the contributions you have been making which you cannot accessed.
” Therefore, we are taking the Command to the next level in the area of welfare replicating what the Controller General, Mrs Adepoju is doing at the services Headquarters level”, he explained.
Commenting on the issue of tackling illegal migrants coming Into the FCT, he noted that the Command under him had put up measures to chackmate visitors coming with wrong paper or another person’s paper.
Akuneme tasked companies engaging the services of foreigners to register such workers whether they were from West Africa, Europe or America, adding that patrol officers were moving round nook and cranny of the FCT to fish out illegal immigrants.
The FCT Controller revealed that head of security agencies in the FCT have formed a formidable team aimed at tackling insecurity in the territory.
He added that the team is saddled with the responsibilities of sharing information and scheduling monthly meeting to proffer solutions on the menace of insecurity in the FCT.

Techrectory with Agency Report.

See also Edo Deputy Governor Seeks Court Protection against Impeachment Plot
Techrectory on Google News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

What do you think?

Written by Percy Onyeka

A seasoned Tech/Business Analyst, Digital Media Consultant , Publisher and Entrepreneur with more than a decade experience. Online Editor in Chief-New National Star newspaper and a host of clients...

Journalist dies of cardiac arrest as senate confirms 3 new ministers for Tinubu

Journalist dies of cardiac arrest as senate confirms 3 new ministers for Tinubu

Presidency, Atiku differ over certificate Tinubu submitted to INEC

Presidency, Atiku differ over certificate Tinubu submitted to INEC