in

Inverter battery installation caused inferno at Murtala Muhammed Airport FAAN

The Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria has said the cause of the fire at the international terminal of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport was caused by inverter battery installation.

FAAN made the disclosure on Wednesday, hours after fire outbreak was reported at the International Wing of the MMIA, Lagos.

FAAN said the fire outbreak occured at approximately 07:23 am on Wednesday.

FAAN said, “Suspected electrical spark at the baggage hall ceiling caused the smoke incident that was reported at Terminal 1 of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, located in Ikeja, Lagos.

“The source of the smoke was identified as burning litium inverter battery installation at the basement.”

FAAN said the incident was promptly responded to at 07:30hrs.

It added, “The dedicated firefighters from the Aerodrome Rescue and Fire Fighting Services (ARFFS) of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport and the Electrical Department of the Authority initiated immediate action.

“Their swift response and professional efforts have successfully brought the situation under control.

“In accordance with our unwavering commitment to the safety and well-being of passengers, staff, and all airport users the Terminal building was promptly evacuated due to the smoke that had permeated some areas of the facility.

“We are pleased to report that the situation is presently under control.”

See also Armed men break Guinea’s ex-junta leader out of prison

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

What do you think?

Written by News Desk

Your daily pulse on mind-blowing tech, business, and economy news. Stay informed, stay ahead!

Cabinet List: MURIC accuses Sanwo-Olu of partisanship against Muslims

100 days in office: We have commenced the journey for greater Enugu, says Gov. Mbah