in ,

Antony Faces Shocking Assault Allegations Ahead of World Cup

“Since the beginning I have treated this matter with seriousness and respect, providing the necessary clarifications before the police authority.” – Antony

A photo of Antony/ Planet football
A PHOTO OF ANTONY

Antony, the Manchester United winger, has been withdrawn from Brazil’s national squad for the next 2026 World Cup qualifiers against Bolivia and Peru. The judgement comes in the wake of new domestic abuse charges made against the 23-year-old footballer by his ex-girlfriend, Gabriela Cavallin. These allegations have shaken the football world as well as Antony’s career.

On Monday, the Brazil Football Confederation (CBF) issued a statement claiming the need for an investigation into the allegations as well as a desire to protect the alleged victim, the player, the Brazilian national team, and the CBF itself. This decision is a big setback for Antony, who had been nominated to the CONMEBOL World Cup qualifying games.

Gabriela Cavallin accused Antony of domestic violence in June, when the claims initially surfaced. However, the story took a new turn on Monday when the Brazilian media source UOL published new charges from Cavallin, putting the young footballer under even more scrutiny.

CLICK HERETO READ MORE

Antony reacted to the charges on social media, emphatically denying any sort of wrongdoing. He stated that he had cooperated with the authorities and that the accusations were false. “I can confidently state that the accusations are false, and that the evidence already produced, and the evidence that will be produced, demonstrate that I am innocent of the accusations made,” Antony said.

The release of WhatsApp texts supposedly exchanged between Antony and Cavallin, in which Antony is said to have threatened his ex-partner, further complicated the issue. Cavallin’s claims included references to “kicks and assaults,” and she is shown with an apparent head wound. Antony, on the other hand, has continuously denied engaging in physical aggression while admitting that his relationship with Cavallin was characterised by verbal disputes on both sides.

Both Brazilian authorities and Greater Manchester Police are investigating the claims, which allegedly occurred during Antony’s time at Manchester United. Manchester United has refrained from making any comments regarding the matter.

In light of the ongoing controversy, Fernando Diniz, the Brazilian coach, has asked Arsenal striker Gabriel Jesus to replace Antony in the national squad for the forthcoming World Cup qualifiers. This unexpected turn of events casts a shadow over Antony’s bright career, leaving many questions unanswered as the investigations continue.

See also Taiwan Rejects Elon Musk's Claim: 'Not Part of China, Not for Sale'

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

What do you think?

Written by Ayodeji Ayenuwa

Well, My name is there already, I'm a student of Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko, studying Mass Communication: Public Relations and Advertising.

Upcoming World Cup: Brazil stand down Man Utd winger Antony in lieu ex-girlfriend assault cliam

Oil prices surge above $90/b, boosts Nigeria’s FX earnings